Career and Background
Julia Louis-Dreyfus is an American actress, comedian, singer, and producer. She joined the cast of Saturday Night Live in 1982, and in 1986, she launched her film career, appearing in Hannah and Her Sisters and Soul Man. She won 11 Emmy awards and was nominated 24 times, and she also won nine SAG Awards, more than any other performer.
What has Julia Louis-Dreyfus done in 2020 so far?
The actress has signed an extending multi-year overall deal with Apple, which marks the first-ever overall deal with a streaming service.
In 2020, she appeared in the comedy-drama ‘Downhill’ which was theatrically released on February 14. Julia Louis voiced a suburban elf mother in the movie ‘Onward, ‘ released on March 6.
Louis-Dreyfus’s Family background
Coming to her family background– Louis-Dreyfus’s mother was a writer and a tutor. Her father is a financier and retired chairman of the Louis-Dreyfus Energy Services. The company is a global merchant firm involved in agriculture, food processing, finance, and international shipping. Julia Scarlett Elizabeth Louis-Dreyfus’s family business is very successful and earns up to $4 billion.
Overall Net-worth of Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Even though Louis-Dreyfus comes from a wealthy family, she says she gets uncomfortable when people assume she’s rich because of her father’s wealth. Once, in an interview, she said she was raised to not talk about money and finances as they are very private.
Louis-Dreyfus has proven her acting skills repeatedly and gained incredible success from the series Veep. It is an American political satire comedy television series that aired on HBO from April 22, 2012, to May 12, 2019. She also won her sixth award for lead actress for her performance in Veep and even got paid well for her performances.
The actress average movie remuneration is $150,000 per episode. However, she was paid more for Seinfeld. By the ninth season of Seinfeld, she earned around $600,000 per episode. Julia Louis-Dreyfus roughly has a net worth of $250 million.
Awards and Recognitions
Julia Louis-Dreyfus has won the Prime-time Emmy as an actor for the same role. She won the Prime-time Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series seven times. She also won Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for Seinfeld. Julia Louis-Dreyfus has also been nominated for twenty-one Screen Actors Guild Awards and has won five for individual performance on Seinfeld and Veep.
Julia Louis- Dreyfus’s Husband
Brad Hall is best known as a Weekend Update news anchor on Saturday Night Live and creates the sitcoms– The Single Guy and Watching Ellie.
Top 12 Julia Louis-Dreyfus Quotes
- “The fact of the matter is that everybody treats me pretty much as one of the boys, which I take as a great compliment.”
- “I have no agenda except to be funny. Neither I or the writers profess to offer any worldly wisdom”.
- “Everybody seems to know me. It’s very strange”.
- “My goal is, of course, for this show to do well, and I would love it if people liked it.”
- “The Seinfeld motto: No learning, no hugging.”
- “I really do like to work. I will work again. But on my terms”.
- “Making a movie is a long, dull process. There’s a lot of waiting around”.
- “It is, I think, harder for women. I haven’t quite figured it out, and all of my women friends haven’t figured it out -how the hell do you do this? How do you work and have families?”
- “As an actress, it appeals to me because I love the idea of playing those in-between moments, the sort of behavioral stuff that one might not normally see.”
- “It’s much more acceptable for men to work and father kids. There’s an inherent inequality, because we want to do it all, and I don’t know how we can do this all”.
- “Elaine is just in pain. I think Elaine has become a very, very sad woman. She is someone who is in deep need of many hours of analysis and I like to think that I’m not that type of person”.
- “I’ve actually considered going with my married name, Julia Hall, but all the paperwork.”
Did you know?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus’s nickname is Little Yum-Yum.
- Her second home in California is solar-powered and is made from recycled materials.
- People’s magazine chose her as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (1998).
- She was selected by Forbes magazine as one of the Hottest Billionaire Heiresses (2006).
- Her father moved from France to the United States during World War 2.
- Opposite to her solid real-life marriage of 30 years, Julia’s career is filled with her playing, usually as an unhappy divorced or single woman.
- She graduated from North-western University, Illinois (1982 and was also a member of the Delta Gamma sorority.